Driving optical communications
into the third dimension
Innovative. High Performance. Scalable.
Leading the 3D light revolution
Thank you for visiting our Optoscribe careers page. If you are interested in joining Optoscribe please send your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
No agencies please.
We welcome candidates interested in joining the team at Optoscribe. The list of open vacancies is shown below. Please note we will only accept applications for open vacancies.
Optical Design & Development Engineer
Location: Livingston, UK
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, 40 hours per week
We are looking for a creative Optical Design and Development Engineer to work on all product stages, from research & development to design manufacture and test. Reporting to the Technical Director, you will work closely within the technology team to design and fabricate 3D waveguide based components, delivering innovation and excellence to our customers.
- Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and qualification)
- Design systems and components that meet the needs and requirements of our customers
- Produce outline designs and new concepts
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyse data and interpret results
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Develop and evolve in house design software using Visual Basic
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
- Prepare product reports and documentation
- Solid Technical background in photonics, particularly optical waveguides
- Experience with design, characterization and test of waveguides for optical interconnect applications desirable
- Working experience of design simulation of waveguides desirable
- Familiarity with commercial optical design software packages such as BEAMPROP, FDTD
- Advanced mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge essential (e.g Matlab, Python, Visual Basic, C)
- Experience with optical test requirements, telecoms components testing an advantage
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Technical writing skills
- PhD/Eng.D in Physics or Engineering or equivalent experience
For this and other possible opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org