Optical Test Development Engineer Vacancy
About Optoscribe Limited
Optoscribe is one of Scotland’s most exciting and expanding SMEs developing and manufacturing optical components at its facility in Livingston. Using its proprietary direct write laser technology, the Company delivers unique 3D optical solutions to its customers and having recently secured a number of new contracts is looking to grow its team. More details on the Company can be found on its website www.optoscribe.com
This exciting role will attract candidates who want to shape the current and future of our optical test solutions, quickly influencing the performance of our current systems and capability and preparation for the future test solutions with automation in mind.
This person will report directly into Operations and work very closely with our Technical Development team. It is critical the successful candidate can work on their own and as part of wider groups within Operations and Development.
- Develop and evolve current software solutions within the Company
- Specify, design and validate new software modules in support of design, manufacture and test
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new and existing software or applications
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Approve final product before release
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience 3+years as software/test engineer
- An optical test background is required with mechanical capability advantageous
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles and their application
- Excellent knowledge of software, application design and structure
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Good technical writing skills
- Experience in object-oriented programming (e.g. Python, Visual Basic, C)
- Experience with CAD, CNC or 3D printing software/algorithms advantageous
If you are interested in joining the Optoscribe team, please send your cv and covering letter to: email@example.com