Driving optical communications
into the third dimension
Innovative. High Performance. Scalable.
Leading the 3D light revolution
3D Optofan™ multicore fiber fanout for high density transportation of light
The 3D Optofan™ series of products are a new class of glass components designed to interface multicore fibers (MCFs) and single mode fibers (SMF) in a monolithic, scalable, compact solution with best in class fiber alignment precision.
Our unique technology consists of laser scribed 3D waveguides which act as an interface between MCFs and SMFs. This compact and fully packaged solution easily integrates with existing technology to minimise disruption and maximise performance.
Optofan™ is compact and fully packaged for plug and play integration and comes complete with MCF and SMFs in both 4 and 7 channel configurations.
Optofan™ can be customised to suit different interface geometries and other core layouts. This is especially important where users supply their own fiber and core positioning accuracy is key.
Using Optofan™ users can dramatically increase the amount of data transferred across an optical fiber whilst minimising space.
Customised arrays are available on request.
3D Optofan™ Series
- Accurate 3D embedded waveguides
- Readily interface with existing technology to reduce cost of adoption
- Automated manufacturing process enables scalability
- Broad flat spectral response with high throughput and minimal insertion losses
- High data rates for long and short haul transmission
- Hybrid integration capabilities for broad application scenarios
- Robust interconnection between MCF and SMF