RF Optical Transceiver Engineer
About Optoscribe Limited
Optoscribe is one of Scotland’s most exciting and expanding SMEs developing and manufacturing optical components at its facility in Livingston. Using its proprietary direct write laser technology, the Company delivers unique 3D optical solutions to its customers and having recently secured a number of new contracts is looking to grow its team.
As an RF transceiver engineer you will have responsibility for the high frequency design of packages and electronics for fibre optic transceiver modules. Reporting to the Advanced Technology Projects Director you will work on all product stages including research & development, design for manufacture and electro-optic testing. In addition to the design of high-speed optical sub-assemblies and electrical circuits, you will be developing test procedures and configuring test kit. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of fibre optic packaging, transceiver electronics and high-speed ceramic test board design.
- Perform full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and qualification)
- Design optical integrated circuit systems and components that meet the needs and requirements of our customers
- Produce outline designs and new concepts
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyse data and interpret results
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Transfer processes into volume foundry partners and support with qualification and ramp
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
- Prepare qualification reports and documentation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Masters/PhD/Eng.D in Physics or Engineering and 3+ years experience with a good understanding of transceiver metrics – eye margin, BER, dispersion penalty etc.
- Solid technical background in optical transceiver design and test
- Familiarity with transceiver design software tools (HFSS, ADS, SPICE etc.)
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (e.g. Matlab, Python, Visual Basic, C)
- Experience with electro optic testing
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Technical writing skills
If you are interested in joining the Optoscribe team, please send your cv and covering letter to: email@example.com